Need to sell your house fast in Dallas?
Competitive cash offers: There’s no need to sort through dozens of We Buy Houses Dallas websites. Our team of experts understands the local market, and we work with one of the largest cash buyer networks in the nation to ensure you get the best offer possible through HomeLight’s Simple Sale Dallas platform.
No repairs or roadblocks: We specialize in helping Dallas sellers move quickly, even if a house needs repairs or you’re going through a difficult situation such as divorce, death in the family, or financial troubles.
Simple and fast: Get the cash you need to move on to your next chapter without the stress of showings, negotiations, or waiting months to close.
Sell My House Fast in Dallas
TestimonialsTake their word for it
Saint Augustine, FL
Olive Branch, MS
Grand Prairie, TX
At HomeLight, our vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying. Therefore, we promote strict editorial integrity in each of our posts.
If you need to sell your house fast in Dallas, whether you’ve inherited a house, you’re relocating for work, need to cash out your home’s equity fast, or are looking to put a divorce behind you, the two best strategies are: 1) seek out a cash offer, or 2) work with a top real estate agent. In this guide, we will review the pros and cons of each approach to help you decide which makes the most sense for your home sale.
Option 1: Sell your Dallas house fast for cash
HomeLight’s Simple Sale platform connects you to the largest network of cash buyers in the U.S. We use the information you provide about your home plus local neighborhood data to get you a convenient cash offer, allowing you to close in as little as 10 days.
Simple Sale saves time in other ways since clients can skip repairs, home prep, and showings while still receiving a strong offer from our network. There are also no agent fees and you get to decide when you want to close.
Who else will buy your Dallas house for cash?
There are other ways to get a cash offer for your Dallas home. Here are a few options to consider:
- iBuyers: A shorthand for “instant buyer,” iBuyers are companies that purchase properties as-is quickly and for cash, sometimes without even looking at the property in person. Sellers input information online and typically receive an initial offer from the iBuyer within a few minutes.
- Buy-and-hold investors: These are real estate investors who purchase properties and wait for them to appreciate in value. They will likely use the home as a rental property. This allows them to gain income from renters in addition to building equity through property appreciation.
- House flippers: House flippers typically purchase properties that are outdated or need significant repairs. Their goal is to quickly renovate the house for resale and turn a profit.
These cash buyers are looking for a certain type of home, so they may not be looking for a house like the one you are selling. iBuyers tend to focus on the Southern band of the U.S. and look for homes in good condition within a specific price range. House flippers look for homes they can purchase for a deal, so their cash offer will likely be less than that of an iBuyer, but they can help get a troublesome property off your hands.
Cash buyers in Dallas
Here are some examples of local cash homebuyers in the Dallas market right now:
- Cash Home Buyers Texas: This is a larger real estate investment company that operates throughout Texas — including in the Dallas area. Cash Home Buyers Texas holds a 5-star status on Google Reviews.
- Dallas’ Best Home Buyers: As a local, family-owned company, Dallas’ Best Home Buyers offers an experience that is different from virtual hands-off cash buyers. And they are another cash buyer with a 5-star Google review.
- Denko Home Buyers: A highly-rated cash buyer in the Dallas area, Denko Home Buyers will buy your house for cash without requiring any repairs. This house-buying company holds a 4.8-star review rating on Google.
- Home Sold Speedy: Pick your move-out date and your closing date when you work with Home Sold Speedy. The company has over 60 reviews on Google and maintains a 5-star rating.
- Metroplex Homebuyers: Metroplex Homebuyers focuses on giving a fair price to buy properties as-is, and a simple process that can start with a five-minute online form. The company has a 4.8-star review rating on Google and is A+ BBB Accredited.
- Newbyginnings: As their company name implies, Newbyginnings strives to bring clients new beginnings by purchasing their properties in a simple and easy way. The company has a 4.9-star Google review rating and holds an A+ BBB rating.
Learn more about Dallas area “we buy houses” companies at this link.
Pros and cons of selling your Dallas house for cash
As with anything, there are pros and cons to selling your home quickly for cash.
- Fast closing: A cash sale is significantly faster than a traditional mortgage-backed home purchase, often allowing you to close in as few as three to 10 days.
- No repairs needed: You can sell your home as-is, in most cases, with no repairs or renovations.
- No fees or commissions: Many cash buyers will cover closing costs and fees.
- No showings or open houses: You won’t have to stage the home for listing photos or prepare the property for showings or open houses.
- No obligation until you commit: After you receive a no-obligation offer, you can compare it to other offers. You can even consult a Realtor® for comparisons.
- Step away from a problem: With a fast cash sale, you can often avoid dealing with problem tenants or potential foreclosure.
- No contingencies: Cash buyers can waive contingencies that can make negotiations difficult, namely the financing contingency and appraisal contingency.
- No negotiating: You won’t have to deal with multiple buyers or the pressure of back-and-forth negotiating on price, credits, or repairs.
- Move on with life: If you inherited a home, are facing divorce, dealing with a death, or having financial challenges, a cash sale can help you move on from the home and possibly resolve some issues faster.
- Lower sale price: Cash sales typically result in a lower selling price than a traditional sale with the help of a qualified real estate agent.
- Repairs cost may be deducted: If the home does need major repairs, the cost of those may be deducted from the offer, depending on the cash buyer.
- May be harder to find a buyer: Depending on the condition or location of your home, you may have limited cash buyer options, especially if you have a unique property that will be harder for investors to flip.
- You’ll need to vet companies: It’s important to do research on “we buy houses for cash” companies to make sure they are legitimate and reputable.
- Transparency may be limited: Some cash buyers won’t share their home evaluation process or how they calculated their offer, which is sometimes reduced last minute.
- Hidden fees: As you vet cash buyers, watch for hidden or unexpected fees. Read your purchase contract carefully before signing.
Option 2: Work with a top agent to sell fast in Dallas
Not only do top agents help their clients make speedier sales, but the top 5% of agents also sell homes for up to 10% more than the average agent, according to HomeLight data. If you want to sell quickly, but you have a little more time to do it, working with an agent can provide an option to make more on the sale. More money in your pocket gives you the freedom to pay down debt, invest your extra cash, or use it for something else you may need.
How fast are homes selling in Dallas?
“Last year, every house would sell in six days. Now, it’s taking forty days just to get an offer. So even though the market is still strong in Dallas…buyers are a little choosier than they were last year, ” says Susan Melnick, a Dallas real estate agent with 38 years of experience.
The median number of days on the market for a property in the DFW area has almost doubled over the past year — from 25 days in March 2022 to 46 days in March 2023. However, that median is still lower than the national median in March 2023, which was 54 days.
And Dallas is one of the most desirable markets in the country. The city was named the number two market to watch for 2023, according to an Emerging Trends in Real Estate report. This is partially due to the large number of new builds Dallas has to offer. With a nationwide housing inventory shortage that’s been occurring over the past several years, the increase of DFW inventory that’s expected as more homes are built will likely draw buyers from across the country.
There are also certain neighborhoods that are in higher demand. Melnick says that some of the easiest places to sell right now in the DFW metroplex include: Kessler Park, Elmwood, Lakewood, Lake Highlands, Preston Hollow, Northwood Hills, and Prestonwood. Sellers in these neighborhoods can expect to sell their houses quickly and easily. Sellers in other neighborhoods will need to do extra work to get the best offer for their property and sell fast.
Here’s a snapshot of current real estate and economic conditions in Dallas:
|Median days on the market||46|
|Median home price||$394,600|
|Year-over-year median home price change||+ 0.46%|
|Total active listings (February 2023)||15,753|
|Total sales (February 2023)||6,740|
|Dallas population growth||+1.33%|
Knowing the current real estate market in Dallas gives you information you can use to get your home ready to sell quickly. In addition, a good real estate agent can provide expert perspectives on that information to give your property a boost in the selling process.
9 strategies to sell a house fast in Dallas
When selling any home, there are a few key strategies that will always help speed up the selling process. Things like making key repairs, updating strategic parts of the home, pricing the property competitively for the market, staging the home, and marketing the sale well can all impact how quickly the home will sell (and increase the final sale price).
An agent can give you advice on how to employ these strategies specifically for your property, and they can provide hyperlocal advice for your market.
Use these key tips to boost the timeline for your home sale:
1. Set your price slightly below the market
In a shifting housing market, pricing correctly is key to generating interest in a property and bringing in competitive offers. For a fast sale, Melnick recommends Dallas sellers set a price slightly below the market.
“Whatever the market is in the last sixty days — not ninety days, not four months ago, but right now — price it a little bit below market,” advises Melnick. This pricing strategy will make your listing competitive compared to other similar listings in the area.
An experienced top agent will perform a comparative market analysis (CMA) to help you set the best price to sell a house fast in your market. If you’re curious about your home’s current value, try HomeLight’s Home Value Estimator. While it shouldn’t dictate your final pricing strategy, an online home value estimate can give you a ballpark price range. You can get a preliminary estimate in less than two minutes.
2. Market the strengths of your property
The typical Dallas buyer is looking for certain features when they purchase a home. Popular features can be a key selling point. Make sure you highlight these. Melnick says that attributes, such as well-maintained pools, accessory units, and being in a desired neighborhood, can help with a quick sale.
For example, Texans love their trucks, so a spacious garage is an appealing feature to many Dallas buyers. You can also show the strengths of your home by hiring a staging company to set up the property for showings.
3. Make sure it’s clean and tidy
Doing a deep cleaning of the home and taking care of small repair projects will help get the property ready to show off. Hire a cleaning service if you aren’t able to clean the house yourself, and then maintain its tidiness while the listing is active.
Do the same for your home’s exterior. Dallas agents will often advise sellers to break out the power washer to clear away Texas pollen, dust, and dirt to improve a home’s curb appeal.
4. Get professional photos
Melnick suggests that you or your agent hire a professional to take photos for the listing. “Make sure they’re not taken with somebody’s iPhone,” she says. And, “If the lot is large, then drone photos are called for.”
According to a survey by the National Association of Realtors, 97% of homebuyers use the internet in their search for a home. That means buyers will likely first view the property via the photos and videos you post in a listing.
5. Consider a pre-listing inspection
Getting a pre-listing home inspection ahead of time can help make the sale process speedier, depending on your property. This allows you to disclose any repairs needed on the house or get them taken care of before you even list the property.
It can also eliminate surprises for any potential buyer during the closing process. Hiccups like these can add to the amount of time it takes to close.
6. Promote additional space for lodging
If your property has an auxiliary dwelling unit (ADU), such as a mother-in-law cottage, emphasize this in your listing. If you are selling a Dallas home with large square footage, leverage this.
7. Advertise your neighborhood’s walkability
Walkability is important for many Dallas buyers. This makes it important for sellers to highlight parks, coffee shops, and local restaurants in the neighborhood. Proximity to other services can also play a role in selling your home. Highlight if you’re near the airport for frequent travelers or close to big offices for those who are commuting to work. If you’re in a great school district, point that out for families.
8. Showcase your outdoor area
Dallas home shoppers love usable outdoor space. Extending your living space outdoors can be extremely appealing to buyers. Consider how you might transform your outdoor area into an attractive oasis. This might include adding a full furniture set, smoker, and television to watch the Cowboys on a Sunday night.
9. Sell the house at the right time of year (if possible)
When you are trying to sell your house fast, you may not be able to wait to list the property. But if you can wait, selling at the right time of year can drastically shorten the time it takes for a property to sell, and it can boost the sale price, too.
“Prices spring in the Spring and fall in the Fall,” says Melnick. If you can list your property between March 1st and July 1st, you may have an easier selling process.
HomeLight’s Best Time to Sell Calculator uses housing market data for your area to show you the best and worst months to sell your home. See when is the best time to sell a house if you want to make the most money and which months are best to sell your house fast.
Ready to sell your Dallas home?
Whether your Dallas property is in exquisite condition or it needs quite a few upgrades, it is possible to sell your house quickly.
A top real estate agent in Dallas can help you navigate the many nuances that you might not otherwise discover until you’re swamped in the process. Their organization efficiencies and marketing expertise can help you sell your Dallas house fast.
If you need an even faster sale, HomeLight’s Simple Sale platform provides cash offers for homes in almost any condition in Dallas. If you don’t have the time or the means to prepare your home or move through the traditional listing process, you can skip the repairs and showings and close in as few as 10 days. Complete a short questionnaire and receive a no-obligation cash offer within a week.
Understand your timeline to sell, so you can choose the best strategy to sell your house fast in Dallas. If you’re unsure about the right option, start by talking to several cash buyers and real estate agents.
Header Image Source: (Benton Witcher / Unsplash)
- "Housing Inventory: Median Days on Market in Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX (CBSA)," FRED Economic Data (March 2023)
- "Emerging Trends in Real Estate® United States and Canada 2023," Urban Land Institute | Knowledge Finder (October 2022)
- "The US housing market is short 6.5 million homes," CNN Business (March 2023)
- "Dallas-Fort Worth will be the nation’s top buyer’s market for homes this year, forecast says," WFAA (February 2023)
- "Texas Housing Insight," Texas Real Estate Research Center (April 2023)