At HomeLight, our vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying. Therefore, we promote strict editorial integrity in each of our posts.
We Buy Houses companies in Arizona provide all-cash offers for homes that often need some work, enabling sellers who lack the time, expertise, and money for repairs to move quickly and receive the cash proceeds from their home sooner if they need it.
Perhaps you’ve enjoyed Phoenix’s endless sunshine and weekend hikes amidst sandstone buttes, but you’ve just accepted a job offer in Denver…and the position starts in two weeks. Or maybe you’re facing unexpected medical expenses and need to quickly sell your Mesa home for cash.
No matter the situation, a We Buy Houses company in Arizona can quickly provide you with a cash offer. We’re going to lay out what you can expect when working with these companies and introduce you to some of the top house-buying companies in Arizona.
Disclaimer: This post is meant to be used for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal or financial advice. Links and mentions of Arizona “we buy houses” companies should not be considered an endorsement.
Working with house-buying companies in Arizona
We Buy Houses companies in Arizona typically promise quick, all-cash offers and ultra-fast closings, often in as few as seven days. They tend to target distressed properties in need of repairs, and work with sellers who need to move ASAP.
Here’s how the process generally works:
- You request an offer and provide the company some information about your home. Some companies may make a preliminary offer at this stage, but it’s usually subject to change once they’ve inspected your property.
- The company completes a walkthrough of your property, usually within 24 to 48 hours.
- The company makes a firm offer (usually within 24 hours, sometimes on-site after the walkthrough), which you can accept or decline. Most of these companies will not negotiate on price, so the offer is a take-it-or-leave-it scenario.
- If you accept the offer, you’ll both sign a contract and the closing process will begin. Some companies offer a large deposit or moving cost assistance, and a few may even pay for the home upfront.
- Closing and getting paid is quick, typically within seven days to a few weeks. This can vary by company, and sellers who work with a house-buying company often enjoy flexibility in selecting a move-out date that works for them.
Popular We Buy Houses for Cash Companies in Arizona
If these benefits of selling to a house-buying company in Arizona sound good to you, it’s time to find a legitimate operation you can trust. We’ve compiled some of the best home-buying companies in Arizona that will enable you to quickly sell your home for cash.
Note: Individual program details frequently change — please visit a company’s website for the most up-to-date information on each program’s fees, market coverage, business model, and more. HomeLight always recommends doing your own research to determine which selling option is best for your situation.
The Trusted Home Buyer
The Trusted Home Buyer started in 2008 and became accredited with the Better Business Bureau in 2010 and has helped hundreds of homeowners. The company says it specializes in sellers facing difficult situations, whether it be a pre-foreclosure, structural issues, or even challenging personal situations.
Although the company buys homes in three states, it has the broadest coverage in Arizona across eight counties, including Maricopa, Pinal, and Yavapai. To work with The Trusted Homebuyer, you can set up a home visit and receive an offer on the spot or within 24 hours. If you accept, you can close in as little as seven days.
Locations: Central Arizona, with a focus on the Phoenix metro area, as well as some areas of Florida and Michigan
Closing costs: You pay no closing costs; The Trusted Home Buyer covers them.
With 63 Google reviews, The Trusted Home Buyer has a 4.7 out of 5 rating. Customers say that the founder Martin was informative, professional, and friendly, especially when compared to other home-buying companies they spoke with. Many reviewers report they received reasonable offers and quick closings.
Simple Sale, a solution from HomeLight, is an online platform where sellers in Arizona (and across the country) can request a cash offer for their home. Simple Sale has a network of cash buyers on its platform, and partner investors have a wide range of investment strategies, including fix-and-flip and buy-and-hold. This enables Simple Sale to provide cash offers for a wide array of properties, even those that need some or a lot of work, in different locations throughout Arizona.
Locations: Nationwide, including Arizona
Closing costs: No prep costs, no agent commissions, and no fees charged by HomeLight. Individual investor fees may vary.
Simple Sale is a HomeLight platform, and HomeLight has 4.6 stars on Google based on 535 user reviews. Below you can hear about how Baohan Wu, a seller who used Simple Sale to sell his high-rise apartment, closed within three and a half weeks and what he thought of the process overall.
Phone number: 844-488-8455
Doug Hopkins, whose team is based in Mesa, Arizona, is no stranger to real estate. He has bought and sold over 10,000 homes in his real estate career and earned real estate celebrity status of sorts with appearances on Property Wars on the Discovery Channel.
With tons of experience in auction, probate, and distressed property sales, Doug is recognized as one of the top buyers of foreclosure properties in the Western U.S. Through the Doug Hopkins website, sellers can fill out a survey in less than five minutes, receive an “as is” cash offer in under 24 hours (this is true whether your house is a fixer-upper or in perfect condition), and quickly close.
Locations: Throughout Arizona
Closing costs: The website notes that there is a $0 cost for sellers, no fees, and no hidden charges.
Doug Hopkins has 144 reviews and a 4.4 out of 5 rating on Google, although not all reviews speak about a cash home sale. The reviewers that did sell their home for cash mention a stress-free experience and honest communication. Other reviewers state that the company was able to offer other home sale methods if a cash offer wasn’t the right option.
We Buy Homes in Tucson
Mimi and her local Tucson team have been buying homes for cash since 1995. We Buy Homes in Tucson has A+ accreditation with the Better Business Bureau, and the company helps Tucson-area sellers face issues including bankruptcy, outside liens, title issues, and major disrepairs by providing as-is cash offers.
Locations: Tucson area
Closing costs: In most situations, We Buy Homes in Tucson covers all closing costs, according to the website’s FAQ page.
We Buy Homes in Tucson has 15 five-star reviews on Google for a perfect rating. Reviewers report that employees were honest, friendly, and willing to work with customers in tough situations. Multiple people reported they received fair offers and enjoyed a quick and efficient closing.
Phone number: 520-433-9298
Valley Home Buyer
After you contact Valley Home Buyer, the company will schedule a home visit as soon as the same day and provide you with an all-cash offer within 24 hours. Depending on your situation, you may be able to close in as little as a week.
Locations: Phoenix metro area
Closing costs: Valley Home Buyers pays for closing costs in most instances.
Valley Home Buyer has 27 5-star reviews on Google. Customers highlight the team’s honesty, patience, and flexibility, as well as their genuine nature. Reviews report that the home sale process was simple and fast, and there were no hidden fees or last-minute contract changes.
AZ Home Buyer
Owner Landon Luchtel started AZ Home Buyer 15 years ago and has since purchased over 800 homes throughout the Phoenix area. In the process, he’s earned an A+ accreditation from the Better Business Bureau.
After calling AZ Home Buyer and setting up a walkthrough of your property, you will receive an offer. If you accept, you can then set up a closing date that works for you. AZ Home Buyer never charges any fees, and the company also provides a $30,000 earnest deposit to show how serious it is about the homes it purchases.
Locations: Phoenix metro area
Closing costs: AZ Home Buyer pays for all standard closing costs.
AZ Home Buyer has 31 Google reviews and an average rating of 4.7 out of 5. Reviewers commented on Landon’s integrity, knowledge, and honesty. Customers report a low-stress experience and transparent sales process.
Phone number: 480-331-1819
Why sell your Arizona house for cash?
There are plenty of reasons an Arizona seller may choose to go the Cash-For-Homes route — speed and certainty being chief among them.
In Arizona, it typically takes around 77 days to sell a home on the market using an agent.
Compare that to the seven days promised by many We Buy Houses for Cash companies in Arizona, and you can see why these companies remain popular — even though they don’t always offer top dollar.
Pros and cons of house-buying companies in Arizona
We Buy Houses for Cash companies in Arizona are a bit of a mixed bag. You get speed and service, but you “pay” a sizable premium for that service. Let’s walk through a few pros and cons to consider while weighing your options.
Pros to We Buy Houses for Cash
One of the biggest advantages of working with We Buy Houses for Cash companies in Arizona is that you can sell your home as-is with no repairs required, and they’ll buy homes in any condition.
If your home was severely damaged in a weather event, or you’ve fallen years behind on routine maintenance, you can still sell without needing to make the extensive repairs that financed buyers may require.
- Speed. You can often sell your home in as few as seven days.
- Skip repairs. Lenders may not agree to provide financing for homes that fail to meet minimum property standards as evaluated by a home appraiser. That means your outdated plumbing systems, foundation issues, or damaged roof — all common issues for Arizona homes — could trigger delays or cause a contract with a financed buyer to fall through. In contrast, Arizona cash-for-homes companies generally purchase homes as-is and are usually going to be a lot more willing to accept issues both large and small with your home. This creates a clearer path to settlement and can be a huge relief if you don’t have the funds or time for repairs.
- Less hassle. When you choose to sell your Arizona home with a real estate agent, you’re expected to make the extra effort to stow away your hiking boots and organize your kids’ pool toys. Selling to a cash buyer allows you to skip many of these stressful tasks related to prepping and repeatedly showing the home.
- Reduced closing fees. In an agent-assisted sale, you’ll likely pay an agent commission amounting to 5%-6% of the sale price and may be on the hook for additional concessions and closing costs. Selling to a cash buyer will likely eliminate at least some of these fees if not all of them. Many We Buy Houses companies in Arizona and across the nation cover a seller’s closing costs in full as part of the deal.
That all may sound pretty great to you as a seller if you’re looking to move within weeks, rather than the months it might take you to list and sell your home on the market with an agent. However, there are downsides to working with Cash-For-Homes companies. Namely, they typically offer substantially below market value for your home.
Cons to working with We Buy Houses companies
When considering an offer from a We Buy Houses site, remember that these are house-buying companies, which means they’re ultimately trying to make a profit. They plan to fix up your home and either resell it or rent it out. That takes considerable time, skill, and investment.
Here are some potential downsides to weigh:
- Lower offers. Most companies follow the 70% rule, meaning they’ll offer you 70% of your home’s after-repair value (or the value that your house could sell for on the market once it’s all fixed up) minus repair costs. So the price you get for your home may be appreciably lower than what you’d get on the market.
- Inconsistent marketing knowledge. Not all cash homebuying companies are equal. Some are more localized, have specific neighborhood knowledge, and are able to leverage that expertise into more competitive offers. Others are less knowledgeable about the specifics of your community, which could result in lowball bids.
- Not all companies are trustworthy. Some companies make extremely low offers to desperate homeowners and try to pressure you into making a quick decision. A few bad players may even engage in fraud tactics, though it’s uncommon.
- They may use pressure tactics. These companies know that homeowners looking to sell quickly are often desperate, and some do take advantage of that by using pressure tactics. You should never feel pressured to accept an offer, especially since there are plenty of We Buy Houses for Cash companies in Arizona to choose from. If anyone makes you uncomfortable, it’s time to move on to another option.
Your home is more than a place where you make memories with family, it’s also likely your biggest asset. Sure, you want to sell quickly, but you could be leaving major money on the table if you choose to work with one of these We Buy Houses for Cash companies.
Always do your research, compare your options, and consult with a trusted advisor before accepting any offer.
Vet cash buyers and know your home’s worth
For many home sellers, We Buy Houses for Cash companies can be a solid solution to get a property sold quickly or to access cash for an expected life challenge. On the other hand, the “cash for your home” rehabbing business model has also led to what some housing advocates call predatory tactics.
The level of integrity and customer service you experience can vary, even within an established house-buying company that strives to maintain consistent business standards. This is because many We Buy Houses for Cash companies are franchises and often use independent investors or local wholesaling outfits. Your experience greatly depends on the character of the person or group making the offer.
If you are considering a cash offer, vet the company thoroughly. Check reviews, read testimonials, and research its presence and performance in the market. And, of course, read the buying agreement carefully before signing.
Before committing to a We Buy Houses for Cash company, HomeLight suggests you consult with a top agent to get a better idea of what your home might be worth if sold on the open market.
You can also use HomeLight’s free Home Value Estimator right now to get an initial ballpark estimate in less than two minutes.
Other options to sell your Arizona home quickly
Within the cash-for-homes business you’ll also encounter a particular group of companies known as iBuyers, or instant buyers.
iBuyer companies offer sellers many of the same conveniences of other house-buying operations, but they also leverage algorithmic technology, otherwise known as automated valuation models (or AVMs), to give you a near instant offer on your home and provide a user-friendly, mostly online home sale experience.
iBuyers have only been around since the mid-2010s, but are now widely available across Arizona.
iBuyers offer all-cash and can close in a matter of days to a few weeks. But unlike more traditional We Buy Houses for Cash companies, iBuyers tend to look for homes in better condition and offer much closer to market value, typically in the 90% range.
Sellers who may be a good fit to work with an iBuyer in Arizona include those who prefer to skip staging and showing their home, who live in an area with somewhat similar housing, and who have a home in relatively good shape.
Listing with an agent
We know, we know. You want to sell your house quickly, not in 77 days. But hear us out! With Arizona housing markets heating up again in favor of sellers, going with an agent could pay off big time.
Selling on the market generally fetches the highest home price, and that’s especially true if you work with a skilled professional. Our internal transaction data at HomeLight shows that the top 5% of real estate agents sell homes for up to 10% more than average agents.
This is a big financial decision, so it may make sense to consult with a trusted real estate agent who can complete a comparative market analysis (CMA) to help you understand your home’s value and how quickly it’s likely to sell.
Your agent may even be able to connect you with cash buyers who are willing to offer closer to market value for your home.
Plus, a CMA is usually free, and you’re under no obligation to list with the agent, so this may be a good tool to explore your options. Even if you end up deciding to work with a Cash-For-Homes company, at least you’ll know you’re making a sound financial decision.
Overwhelmed by finding an agent? HomeLight would be happy to connect you with a top performer in your area today.
- We Buy Houses for Cash companies in Arizona can offer you a way to sell your home in as few as seven days with no repairs, showings, or hassles.
- There are many reputable cash homebuying companies across Arizona, and most sellers going this route can find a company that suits their needs.
- You could leave significant money on the table using a Cash-For-Homes company versus going with a top agent or iBuyer.
- HomeLight’s Simple Sale platform provides all-cash offers for homes in almost any condition in Arizona. Because the platform has partner investors with different buying parameters across the state, it can be a great starting point if you aren’t sure who would buy your home.
FAQs on Arizona house-buying companies
Are We Buy Houses companies in Arizona legit or scams?
Most We Buy Houses for Cash companies are legit, and you can rest assured that this business model has been around for decades.
However, it’s always a good idea to keep an eye out for scams, or anything that just doesn’t seem right. Always thoroughly research companies ahead of time. Verify all professional licenses, check customer reviews, get a referral if possible, and vet the company on the Better Business Bureau website.
How much will We Buy Houses companies in Arizona pay?
Most Cash-For-Homes companies follow the 70% rule, meaning they’ll offer you 70% of your home’s after-repair value, minus repair costs.
Here’s what that simple formula looks like:
(Your home’s ARV x .70) – repair costs
Now let’s take a look at a practical example. Let’s say your Mesa home could sell for $350,000 after repairs, but it’s going to need $80,000 of work to get there.
($350,000 x .70) – $80,000 = $165,000
In this example, an Arizona cash-for-homes company will probably offer you around $165,000 for your property.
However, different types of house-buying companies will offer varying amounts for homes. As mentioned previously, iBuyers tend to pay more like 90%-95% of market value while charging a fee for their services.
How much does selling a home to a We Buy Houses company in Arizona cost?
Selling a home to a We Buy Houses for Cash company shouldn’t cost you any money, though you’ll likely get less overall for your home.
Since these companies are geared toward distressed homes, they tend to have zero fees, and will even cover your closing costs. That means the offer you get is the price you should walk away with. Make sure to ask about any hidden program fees that could eat into your bottom line.
How do you sell a house for cash in Arizona?
- Research and vet house-buying companies available in your area. The above list is a great place to start.
- Submit offer requests to your top few companies.
- Schedule any on-site visits.
- Field and compare offers. Choose the best option for you.
- Close in a week to 30 days and get paid (or you can often choose a later closing date, up to 90 days after offer).
We Buy Houses for Cash in Arizona vs. Top Arizona agent
Wondering how a We Buy Houses for Cash company stacks up against working with a real estate agent? We’ve got you covered.
|Aspect of the sale||Sell to a We Buy Houses company in Arizona||Sell with a top Realtor® in Arizona|
|Sale timeline||7 to 30 days||77 days|
|Home preparations||None||Make necessary repairs, deep clean, declutter, landscape, stage home|
|Showings||None required, although some companies will complete a walk through||10 to 25 showings average|
|Inspections / repairs||None required prior to closing, though iBuyers may deduct a repair credit at closing||May need to make repairs for the buyer or renegotiate price|
|Appraisal||A traditional appraisal is not required, but many companies will use their own analytics to come to a fair price||May need to lower the price if appraisal comes in low|
|Title search||Cash-for-homes companies often handle title issues||Must clear title before you can sell home|
|Financing contingency||None||Mortgaged buyers use a financing contingency that could hold up the deal if the loan doesn’t clear|
|Agent commission||None||5.8% average|
|Closing costs||None||1% to 3% of sale price on top of commission|
Example Net Proceeds
Imagine you’re selling your Arizona home, which is currently worth around $404,900 and needs about $15,000 in repairs. Once repairs are made, the home should be worth about the median home sale price for the area of $419,900. Here’s what you can expect to earn working with a We Buy Houses company and a top Phoenix real estate agent.
|Sell to a We Buy Houses company in Arizona||Sell with a top Realtor® in Arizona|
|Estimated sale price||($419,900 x .70) – $15,000 = $278,930||$404,900|
|Market preparations||0||$4,049 (1% of sale price)|
|Agent commissions||0||$23,484 (5.8% of sale price)|
|Closing costs||0||$6,074 (1.5% of sale price)|
|Estimated take-home for seller||$278,930||$371,293|
House-buying companies can be a good alternative for Arizona sellers in need of a quick exit from homeownership, but they’re not without drawbacks. However you choose to sell your home, it’s important to avoid making a hasty decision.
Your home is more than a place where you make memories with family; it’s also likely your biggest asset. Sure, you want to sell quickly, but you could be leaving major money on the table if you choose to work with one of these We Buy Houses for Cash companies.
Always do your research, compare your options, and consult with a trusted advisor before accepting any offer.
For best results, take the time to weigh your options, gather offers from multiple companies, and consider consulting with a top agent to see how easily your property could sell on the market. Happy selling!
Writer Chelsea Levinson contributed to this story.
Header Image Source: (Chris Tingom / Unsplash)